Seriously good talk.
- The elegance of simplicity.
- The power of experience. (What’s a great experience?)
- The magic of stories. Technology + Art = Magic.
How can we get lots of disciplines work together? To solve large problems?
- At Pixar, creatives and techs get paid the same.
- It’s really hard to get the tech people to respect the creative people and vice versa.
Works for all systems, not just software.
- Peer culture: everyone shows everyone else their work and get lot of feedback.
- Learning environment. Empowered people. Great at tech & creativity – work hand in hand together. Same team. Giving feedback.
- Product design + Engineering + Understand Consumer problem.
- Team of DIFFERENT thinking people. Not just engineers. Different. Respect each other. Bounce ideas of each other.
- Examine and understand a problem.
- Iterate to a solution.
- NEED A TEAM! Not one person, one designer, one product leader.