Facebook seems even more aggressive about being international than Google was, check this out:
- 40 percent of Facebook users are not using English.
- More than 70 percent of Facebook users are outside the United States.
- It reaches more than 10 percent of the total national population in 26 countries.
- Facebook is available in 43 languages and is in the process of being translated into another 60 languages.
- Since offering an Italian-language version of the service about a year ago, the number of users has grown from 350,000 to about 8 million.
- 25,000 volunteers helped translate Facebook into Turkish last year, and there are now 9 million Turkish-language users signed up for Facebook.
- Facebook is working on five Indian languages, including Tamil, Punjabi and Hindi.
Rock and *fucking* roll, as they say.