Googley principles of design (and I have to agree with all of these, especially with the first three):
Fast is still underrated by most UX people, I think mostly because it tends to be the domain of the techies. But fast matters so much.
Quickly: how fast are your webpages loading? What’s your goal (should probably be a few 100 milliseconds, 400 is good, 200 is better, depending on the page)? If you don’t know and are a UX person, that’s not good, you.
- Useful: focus on people -their lives, their work, their dreams.
- Fast: every millisecond counts.
- Simple: simplicity is powerful.
- Engaging: engage beginners an attract experts.
- Innovative: dare to be innovative.
- Universal: design for the world.
- Profitable: plan for today’s and tomorrow’s business.
- Beautiful: delight the eye without distracting the mind.
- Trustworthy: be worthy of people’s trust.
- Personable: add a human touch.