- It’s a marathon, not a sprint
- Enjoy the trip
That’s easy. And because some blogposts are better as embedded slideshows (I heart slideshare):
- In 2004, I built the first version of Mefeedia in a weekend based on an idea by Kenyatta. It was the first video aggregator.
- Then I spent LOADS of weekends on it, and over the years also took a few months off (twice!) to work on it fulltime. So the first lesson is: it’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon. It’s easy to get started.
- I also put in about 15-ish000 $ for outside coders and hosting.
- In the end, I decided to sell it on eBay, but before could do that, I got an offer and accepted. It was a hard decision but also an easy one.
So with my new ventures, I’m very careful about the marathon I choose to run. And I still do it for the voyage, not for the possible reward at the end.