I am getting pretty close to letting go of hierarchies when developing websites. I’ve been looking a lot at:
– The work of George Lakoff (at Amazon.com)
– Topic maps.
I’ve been playing around with faceted metadata on a site of mine. What I’m experimenting with:
– What other navigation support do we need to keep after we’ve added metadata navigation. What can we throw away?
– How to best presents this rich metadata?
– A list of methapors we live by.
– Funny this, I’d seen it before but didn’t know about Lakoff back then! The Metaphor System Used to Justify War in the Gulf
– Metaphors of terror
– Metaphors we compute by.